Monday, September 3, 2012

Lessons Learned

I've been experimenting with my laser cut double slot heddles, and have learned a few things.

1. It's hard to get threads through a floss threader when you're under an overhead fan.
2. Blue floss threaders can be hard to find when they fall on blue area rugs.
3. A very short warp is not adequate for testing a heddle, and the time you saved by winding such a short warp is wasted by the fact that you have to wind another warp anyway.
4. It's not necessary, but very handy to use a cross in a warp you will thread in a heddle.
5. While holding that cross in your non-dominant hand, the phone will ring, and will not be reachable by your dominant hand.
6. Cute little heddles are not necessarily more useful.
7. Peeling paper off a newly cut acrylic heddle is as much fun as popping bubble wrap.




2 comments:

Alice said...

This is too funny! Sometimes we get caught up in our tools and forget that they're only tools.

Judy said...

I've been wanting to make one of those for myself! My first attempt was using Shrinky-dink plastic. I planned to cut it out in a large size, then shrink it down to a small loom. I failed (that stuff is hard to cut!).