I've been experimenting with my laser cut double slot heddles, and have learned a few things.
1. It's hard to get threads through a floss threader when you're under an overhead fan.
2. Blue floss threaders can be hard to find when they fall on blue area rugs.
3. A very short warp is not adequate for testing a heddle, and the time you saved by winding such a short warp is wasted by the fact that you have to wind another warp anyway.
4. It's not necessary, but very handy to use a cross in a warp you will thread in a heddle.
5. While holding that cross in your non-dominant hand, the phone will ring, and will not be reachable by your dominant hand.
6. Cute little heddles are not necessarily more useful.
7. Peeling paper off a newly cut acrylic heddle is as much fun as popping bubble wrap.