Thursday, April 22, 2010

Whistle While You Work!

Yes! My background check is finally complete, all the paperwork is signed, and I'm cleared to start work at my new job on Monday! I'm a little nervous, a lot excited.

I feel like I'm about to become a real grownup again. :-) I am looking forward to meeting new people and working as part of a team. Maybe my reawakened brain cells will get me rolling in other areas, too.

Another interesting development is afoot - looks like my oldest son will be getting his own place and moving out in May. I'm a little sad about that - I will really miss him. But... :-D ... here's the good part. Right now, my big loom is in the dining room. The dining table is in the corner of the family room (where it has become the resting place of "stuff" as we come in the back door.)

So very soon, I will have a loom room! The big loom will move up there, and perhaps even the smaller loom if there is enough room. The dining table will go back in the dining room. I anticipate creating a wonderful weaving studio, and enjoying being able to entertain occasionally in the dining room. I've stumbled on some great worktables on the web - I'm thinking of purchasing some Ikea base cabinets and topping them with a wooden table top. Before I start on it, of course, I need to measure the room, the looms, and make sure I have enough space for everything. Having my own studio has been a long time dream, and it looks like it will become a reality soon. I hope so. :-)

2 comments:

bspinner said...

Good lucky on your new job!!!

Children leaving home is good news/bad news. Is he moving far away?

I loved the colors of your samples!!!!

Life Looms Large said...

Lots of good stuff in this post! Congrats on your new job. Hope you love it!!

Huge congratulations on your loom room!!! Having a good setup is definitely key! (Of course, I have that, and have been outside away from my studio so much in the last few months.....so it's not totally magic for me....but hopefully it will be for you!)

I hope your sons move and launch into adulthood goes smoothly. Interesting times for sure!

Sue