Saturday, March 27, 2010

Flower Fields

Today is my youngest son's 19th birthday - Happy Birthday, Sam!

He, of course, is spending the day with his friends, so Eldy and I drove up to Carlsbad to see the famous flower fields up there. There are acres and acres of beautiful ranunculus blooms - every color you can imagine, and the rows seem to go forever. It's one of the spectacular sites to see in springtime in San Diego. (How's that for abundant alliteration?)

Here's a view looking back over the fields towards the ocean. You can just barely see the windmill in between.

This is looking down the "orange" rows - they seem to go on forever.
And here's the red, yellow and pink.
Here's one of me - enjoying the sunshine by the mauve and white rows:
And here's my husband Eldy, who was gracious enough to go with me, though didn't much want to linger. :-)

Amazing what all that color does for your soul!

2 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Wow - so colorful!!! Your colors of March are better than ours!

It makes me want to take a picture of that field from a helicopter or high tower....the colors are surprisingly similar to my recent painted warps.

Happy birthday to your son!! (As if he needs his mom's blog friends wishing him happy birthday!)

Sue

Lynnette said...

The photo's really give me hope for spring - still just hinted at with early bulbs for us here in the Great White North!