Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stalled

Blogs are usually used to report what we have "done", so I'm going to try to use mine to shame me back into action. I seem to have completely stalled.

I can't blame it on life demands. My husband was in the hospital last week for surgery on his foot - he's home now, on crutches, and no longer needs much help. I don't currently have a full-time job. My kids are 24 and 18 and I don't really see much of them. There's always a ton of laundry to do, but that doesn't count since I actually like doing laundry.

Maybe the May Gray / June Gloom that we get in San Diego contributes to it. Maybe it's having recently learned about Spider Solitaire and the subsequent addiction. Maybe it's just a fallow time. Who knows. It matters less what has caused this than what I can do to snap out of it.

So... here I am setting a goal for myself. By next Saturday, I intend to post here that I have woven the first tea towel and finished the inkle warp. I will also finish assembling the kits and samples for the Tabletwoven Shoelaces class I'm teaching in July.

If I have not done these things this week, my next post will be a ridiculously silly picture of myself. There... that should do the trick. I've often said I need the threat of humiliation to get anything done....

2 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

I'm with you in stall-dom. I was doing great with setting up times to be in my studio working. When I went up there (just up a set of stairs), I worked.

Then, sometime in May, it seemed like there were so many more things to do with the warm weather. I felt like I would drive myself crazy if I tried to set aside studio time.

I'm having a great time doing everything BUT weaving. I think if I had projects in a ready state that I could just work on, I might do it. But since my projects seem to be in a perpetual state of me needing to think.....not so much.

I like that you've boldly bitten off a big chunk of weaving to finish this week! I so wish that I would reply "Oh, I promise to finish 2 towels this week." But then I feel like I'd let myself down by not doing that. I feel let down enough by being stuck.

So stuckness....I'm with you. I hope you get unstalled....I hope I do too!!! Good luck!! We'll be looking forward to a post next weekend - and rooting for it to be full of weaving!!

Sue

Lynnette said...

I must agree with you too....June is just such a hard month to stay inside and weave. I want to be out in the sun and grabbing every day of our meagre summer.