Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gone


This is a picture from yesterday - first baby's excursion, and resting on the edge of a window.

When I came downstairs this morning, I checked the nest. The second baby was still there. I talked to it for a minute, then came inside to make coffee. When Eldy came downstairs later, he checked - baby was gone! I walked outside, enjoyed watching her crazy flights from the liquidamber tree in the front yard. Here's the empty nest.


They made it, and I'm so happy about that. Now we'll trim the dead twigs and leaves out of the tree and check the watering system, but we'll leave the nest in place - looking forward to next time.

2 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

So they did fly the coop? Maybe they'll come back later in the season....our phoebes usually check back in before they head south again.

So glad you got to see them in their first few flights!! And it's great that they made it!!

Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Sue

Lynnette said...

I'm actually sorry to see the end of the hummingbird babies, they were so hopeful. I'm thrilled that they both survived and are flying...I'm gonna miss them!