Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Got Her!

There are times when I really wish I had a fancy camera, or at least a magnifier attached to my little Canon Powershot S330 so I could see the icons. Anyway, I slowly opened the front door, stood there quietly, and was able to capture this shot of the hummingbird sitting on the nest. Isn't that cool?! It would be even cooler if the image was in focus, but I must have disabled the autofocus when I was hitting buttons to make sure the flash wouldn't go off. Sigh... naturally, she took off soon after this shot was taken. I'll try again soon, but I'm trying to be very careful not to disturb her or the nest.

2 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

A nesting hummingbird! Too cute!!!

It looks kind of big in this picture....but maybe that's just because it's sitting still. I always see them zipping around. (Well, when it's much warmer here!)

Thanks for the picture!

Sue

Lynnette said...

How wonderful to have seen such a sight! I'd give some of my stash to see her nesting and you know to a weaver her stash is gold!
We are still wallowing in two feet of snow on the lawn although the roads are clear and dry....I am sooooo longing for spring to show her face her in the Okanagan.